Bracket of Guys: Round One Winners!
We did it. We survived. We chose and have lived to tell the tale.
Before we get to the winners, let me explain once more how this bracket was put together because there have been questions.
- We voted for our favorite guys that have the same name.
- The winner of each name automatically got a place in the final Bracket of Guys.
- All contestants (except the Patricks... I still hate myself for missing them somehow) were ranked according to percentage of votes they received during their week, and the top 64 names (automatically including the winners) got a spot in the Bracket. That's why some guys who won their week might be a lower seed; they simply didn't win by much.
- I seeded the 64 names according to their order; it was the most math I've done since high school.
- You voted. And maybe died a little.
Now let's talk about Round One. FYI the highest seed is always the left photo.
East Hot Region
- There was great gnashing of teeth over the Firth-Ford matchup, but Colin won easily (552 to 381).
- David Tennant beat Ben Stiller by TWO VOTES (479 to 477).
- Adam Scott edged out Fassy 464 to 445, and I'm still shocked that there's not more Lazy Genius love for Fassy. I mean, he didn't even win the favorite Michael! Shocking.
Midwest Hot Region
- WELL DONE, GUYS. You voted my heart and soul James McAvoy through. If he had lost, I might have shut down The Lazy Genius forever. It would've hurt too much.
- I was shocked, not only that Mark Harmon beat Kevin Spacey but that he beat him by over 200 votes.
- The Hemsworth-Ruffalo matchup was heartbreakingly close: 394 to 373. Good try, Thor. We'll miss your beautiful face.
- Joshua Jackson upset the #5 Kevin Bacon by only NINE VOTES. That's what you call a buzzer beater, my friends.
- And because some of you Matthew Goode fans might not trust me (I LOVE MATTHEW, TOO, IT BROKE MY HEART TO SEE HIM GO), Benedict beat Matthew 489 to 276. So not exactly close.
South Hot Region
- Ryan Reynolds wiped the floor with Zac... 673 to 57. Ouch.
- Jesus beat Harry Potter by nine votes.
- You guys really love James Corden, and I had no idea.
- Milo over Ed Harris is technically an upset, but we all know it's not.
West Hot Region
- Zach Galifinakis is wonderful, but he only got 25 votes. Twenty. FIVE.
- You guys love My Cocaine; he beat out Fassy in the Michael week and took out Jason Segel in the tournament. Impressive.
- We had a tie. !!! Tom Hardy and Bill Murray tied... 259 to 259. Which is crazy. And I was the deciding vote. I am not ashamed to say that I did not hesitate in my choice for one second. #bossperks #ilovetomhardy #sorrybill
Tomorrow we'll start voting in Round Two (two of the four regions tomorrow, the other two next week) because I'm assuming that like me, you need some time to process. What do you think? Is your winner already gone? My Final Four is still alive, but I'm afraid it won't last another week. We'll all cry together.