Here's how you know if you're a Lazy Genius...
- You're weary of life hacks and just want to do life.
- You're awesome at saying no or desperately want to be.
- You want to gather people around your table but sometimes forget what it's like to enjoy the kitchen.
- You crave doing what makes you come alive, even it makes zero sense to your mother-in-law.
- You get hives when others don't accept that there are many ways to be a person.
- You don't trust people who don't like dessert or Netflix.
A Lazy Genius is a genius about the things that matter and lazy about the things that don't.
That means different things for different people, but you here you can stop trying so hard. Don't you love that deep breath you just felt?
Looking for something in particular? Type it below, and hopefully you'll find it here.
WHAT'S FOR DINNER?
BREAKFAST? LUNCH? ANY SHOPPING OR COOKING TIPS?
I'M A MOM... PLEASE HELP ME NOT KILL THE KIDS I LOVE SO MUCH.
I LIKE BEING ORGANIZED BUT DON'T WANT TO BE A MANIAC.
I WATCH TOO MUCH TV AND TAKE MY CELEBRITY CRUSHES VERY SERIOUSLY.
THE LAZY GENIUS COLLECTIVE IS HILARIOUS, REAL, AND HILARIOUSLY REAL.
If you've been looking for a place on the Internet where you can say that awkward thing out loud, where you can commiserate with women who are sick of trying so hard, and where you can find abundant references to Jennifer Lawrence and Newsies, you've found it. Because living a fun, authentic life free of "shoulds" is easier than you think. Lazy even. And that's what makes it genius.
CLICK THE ARROWS TO LISTEN TO EPISODES OF THE LAZY GENIUS PODCAST
CLICK THE ARROWS TO BROWSE THE MOST RECENT BLOG POSTS
OR BROWSE THE TITLES OF EVERY SINGLE ONE!
- August 2015
- Sep 2, 2015 The Magical Way to Transform a Photo
- Sep 4, 2015 Quit Throwing Fancy Bridal Showers
- Sep 7, 2015 No, You Don't Need to Lose Ten Pounds
- Sep 9, 2015 The Best Granola EVER
- Sep 11, 2015 What Dave Ramsey Can Teach You About Watching More TV
- Sep 14, 2015 The Shocking Truth About Simplicity
- Sep 16, 2015 Stupid Easy Watercolor Gift Tags
- Sep 18, 2015 How a Photo of Benedict Cumberbatch Made Me a Better Mom
- Sep 21, 2015 The Great Busyness Hoax
- Sep 23, 2015 Create a Meal Plan That Will Save Your Life and Make You Pretty
- Sep 25, 2015 Let's Play Celebrity Crush Throwdown!
- Sep 28, 2015 A Loving Home Doesn't Have to Be a Clean One
- Sep 30, 2015 Because Being Crafty Is Not the Same As Being Spiderman
- Oct 2, 2015 How to Find Your People
- Oct 5, 2015 Quit Setting Stupid Goals
- Oct 7, 2015 16 Ways Your Kids Can Help You Cook Without Making You Crazy
- Oct 9, 2015 That Time I Accidentally Wore a Dress Covered In Skulls
- Oct 12, 2015 The 7 Date Night Mistakes You Didn't Know You Were Making
- Oct 14, 2015 You Don't Have to Make Your Kids' Halloween Costumes
- Oct 16, 2015 Celebrate Your Personality, Dessert Style!
- Oct 19, 2015 When You're Not Excited About Having a Baby
- Oct 21, 2015 Save Your Life With Pasta Mondays
- Oct 23, 2015 Which Harry Potter Character Grew Up To Be the Hottest?
- Oct 26, 2015 How Pretty Baskets Can Change Your Life
- Oct 28, 2015 The Perfect Creative Freebie
- Oct 30, 2015 What I Learned in October
- Nov 2, 2015 Confessions of a Chronic Over-Explainer
- Nov 4, 2015 Lunch for One: The Baller Baked Potato
- Nov 6, 2015 How to Put a Picture on a Cake
- Nov 9, 2015 The Simple Path to Beating Frustration
- Nov 11, 2015 For When Instagram Is Making You Crazy
- Nov 13, 2015 Let's Play Celebrity Lookalikes!
- Nov 16, 2015 Quit Being a People-Pleaser
- Nov 18, 2015 Stupid Cheap Homemade Eye Makeup Remover
- Nov 20, 2015 How to Throw a Little Kid Party Without Requiring Alcohol
- Nov 23, 2015 Get Rid of the Thanksgiving Crazies Once and For All
- Nov 25, 2015 How to Decorate for the Holidays Without Punching Someone in the Face
- Nov 27, 2015 Peanut Butter Crunch Candy
- Nov 30, 2015 7 Warning Signs Your Holiday Baking Will End in Murder
- Dec 2, 2015 DIY Evergreen Wreath for Those of Us Who Can't Make Stuff
- Dec 4, 2015 The Celebrities I'd Invite Over for Dinner
- Dec 7, 2015 How to Never Run Out of Food At Your Party
- Dec 9, 2015 The Daily Discipline of Rest
- Dec 11, 2015 The Sweeping Trick That Changes Everything
- Dec 14, 2015 10 Ways You're Not a Lazy Genius in the Kitchen
- Dec 16, 2015 When Your Mailman Accidentally Takes Your Cookies
- Dec 18, 2015 Ralph Fiennes and 12 Other Sex Symbols I Just Don't Understand
- Dec 21, 2015 I Hope You Waste Your Christmas
- Dec 28, 2015 Put Down Your List of Resolutions, and Read This First
- Dec 30, 2015 Let's Turn Benedict Cumberbatch Into a Cookie!
- Jan 1, 2016 Because We All Need to See Downton Abbey People As Regular People
- Jan 4, 2016 The Lazy Genius Guide to Resolutions That Aren't Stupid
- Jan 6, 2016 How a Bowl Can Change Your Life
- Jan 8, 2016 The NFL Playoffs Are About to Take Over Your Life, and I'm Here to Help
- Jan 11, 2016 How to Bullet Journal: The Absolute Ultimate Guide
- Jan 13, 2016 Your Home: Three Lies, Three Truths, and the One Thing That Changes It All
- Jan 15, 2016 The 20 Guys My Husband Is Glad Are Fake
- Jan 18, 2016 The Lazy Guide to Dieting Like a Genius
- Jan 20, 2016 The Siren Song of Garland and Why You Don't Always Have to Listen
- Jan 22, 2016 Celebrate Breaking the Rules
- Jan 25, 2016 The Irony of Selective Hearing
- Jan 27, 2016 Trashy Tamales: As Ugly As They Are Delicious
- Jan 29, 2016 10 Things I Learned in January
- Feb 1, 2016 For When We Complicate the Uncomplicated
- Feb 3, 2016 10 Things the Gilmore Girls Can Teach Us About Food
- Feb 5, 2016 Why Creating an Art Cart Will Save You Money on Wine
- Feb 8, 2016 When Monday Confetti Only Makes a Mess
- Feb 10, 2016 Lazy Genius Ingredient #1: Frozen Meatballs
- Feb 12, 2016 Why I Didn't Marry My Soulmate
- Feb 15, 2016 The Inevitability of Looking Stupid
- Feb 17, 2016 Snack Hack: Make Ahead Parfait Jars
- Feb 19, 2016 It's Time to Rank Your Favorite TV Comedies
- Feb 22, 2016 When You're Afraid of Being Good at Something
- Feb 24, 2016 Why I'm in Love With a Milk Crate
- Feb 26, 2016 For When You Feel Like Everyone Else Has Friends
- Feb 29, 2016 An Invitation to the Emotional Eater
- Mar 2, 2016 The Magic of Grocery Store Flowers
- Mar 4, 2016 These Are a Few of My Favorite Things: Oscars 2016 Edition
- Mar 7, 2016 The Magical Key to Doing It All
- Mar 9, 2016 Fake Fancy Dinner: Asian Pork Lettuce Wraps
- Mar 11, 2016 The Best Boyfriends of Downton Abbey
- Mar 14, 2016 Because Hope Does Not Disappoint
- Mar 16, 2016 For When Chaos Makes You Crazy
- Mar 18, 2016 When It's Good to Shed the Lazy Genius
- Mar 21, 2016 On Practicing Vulnerability
- Mar 23, 2016 A Lazy Guide to Knitting Like a Genius
- Mar 25, 2016 Baby Steps to a Capsule Wardrobe
- Mar 28, 2016 Your Kitchen Doesn't Hate You
- Mar 30, 2016 When You Pretend to Like the Ride
- Apr 1, 2016 Celebrity Face Mash
- Apr 4, 2016 When You're Waiting and Don't Know What to Feel
- Apr 6, 2016 Indian Coconut Soup: Your Gateway to Trying New Flavors
- Apr 8, 2016 5 Things to Celebrate on a Friday
- Apr 12, 2016 Smoothie Booster Cubes
- Apr 14, 2016 When I Yelled At My Kid So Hard I Ran Out of Breath
- Apr 16, 2016 Introducing Annie
- Apr 21, 2016 10 Things I Learned From a New Baby
- Apr 26, 2016 How to Iron Without an Iron
- Apr 28, 2016 Stupid Easy Oven Nachos
- May 2, 2016 Why I Bake Only One Pie a Year
- May 10, 2016 When You Accidentally Listen to Stupid People
- May 12, 2016 Stupid Easy Facial Toner
- May 16, 2016 Change Your Life Today with the "Two Minute Rule"
- May 18, 2016 Why It Sucks to Be Blake Lively
- May 23, 2016 Because No One Is Shiny
- May 27, 2016 Introducing SHOW CLUB!!!
- May 30, 2016 A GIF Story: What to Expect If You Ever Have Kids
- Jun 6, 2016 5 Tips for Talking to a New Mom
- Jun 9, 2016 How to Survive Summer with a Million Kids
- Jun 13, 2016 Chris Pratt Presents the Best Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies Ever
- Jun 20, 2016 Four Years Ago I Wanted to Sell My Kids, and I Found an Old Blog to Prove It
- Jun 27, 2016 Bizarro Meal Prep That Changes the Game
- Jul 1, 2016 How to Survive on Your Desert Island
- Jul 6, 2016 Lazy Letters: How Do I Justify My Desires Without Feeling Completely Selfish?
- Jul 11, 2016 Why I Won't Hold My Babies Close
- Jul 14, 2016 My Sanity Is More Important Than the Environment
- Jul 18, 2016 When Your Meal Plan Has House Hunters Syndrome
- Jul 22, 2016 Who's Our Favorite Matt?
- Jul 26, 2016 Please Tell Me You're Stomach Stupid, Too
- Jul 29, 2016 Who's Our Favorite John?
- Aug 2, 2016 7 Life Lessons from The Great British Baking Show
- Aug 5, 2016 Who's Our Favorite Steve?
- Aug 9, 2016 How the Olympics Have Inspired Me to Eat More
- Aug 12, 2016 Who's Our Favorite James?
- Aug 15, 2016 What I Learned This Summer
- Aug 19, 2016 Who's Our Favorite Matthew?
- Aug 22, 2016 How to Make a Pretty Bowl of Noodles
- Aug 26, 2016 Who's Our Favorite Michael?
- Aug 29, 2016 Your Success Doesn't Equal My Failure (Even Though It Sometimes Feels That Way)
- Aug 31, 2016 When You Can't Eat Anything Good But Still Want a Cookie Forthelove
- Sep 2, 2016 Who's Our Favorite Tom?
- Sep 5, 2016 An Ode to Being Super Mom
- Sep 9, 2016 Who's Our Favorite Daniel?
- Sep 12, 2016 When the Road Feels Long, Run a Marathon
- Sep 16, 2016 Who's Our Favorite Hugh?
- Sep 19, 2016 10 Things the Bravermans Can Teach Us About Food
- Sep 23, 2016 Who's Our Favorite Jason?
- Sep 26, 2016 A Day in the Life
- Sep 30, 2016 Who's Our Favorite Kevin?
- Oct 3, 2016 Five Ways to Not Blow Your Brains Out Making Homemade Baby Food
- Oct 7, 2016 Who's Our Favorite Brad?
- Oct 10, 2016 You Don't Have to Be In Crisis to Ask for Help
- Oct 14, 2016 Who's Our Favorite Mark?
- Oct 17, 2016 A Baking Miniseries, Day One: To Sift or Not to Sift
- Oct 18, 2016 A Baking Miniseries, Day Two: Why Can't I Soften Butter In the Microwave?
- Oct 19, 2016 A Baking Miniseries, Day Three: A Freezer Primer
- Oct 20, 2016 A Baking Miniseries, Day Four: Ingredient Speed Dating
- Oct 21, 2016 Who's Our Favorite Colin?
- Oct 24, 2016 A Baking Miniseries, Day Five: Essential Chocolate Cake
- Oct 25, 2016 A Baking Miniseries, Day Six: Blank Canvas Cake
- Oct 26, 2016 A Baking Miniseries, Day Seven: Essential Breakfast Recipes
- Oct 27, 2016 A Baking Miniseries, Day Eight: My Favorite Dessert Cookbooks
- Oct 28, 2016 Who's Our Favorite Will?
- Oct 31, 2016 What's Been Making Me Happy
- Nov 4, 2016 Who's Our Favorite Ryan?
- Nov 7, 2016 Bowling a 73.
- Nov 9, 2016 All Shall Be Well
- Nov 11, 2016 Who's Our Favorite Robert?
- Nov 12, 2016 The Gilmore Girls Binging Guide
- Nov 16, 2016 Nutella Cocoa Puff Cream Pie
- Nov 18, 2016 Who's Our Favorite Zach?
- Nov 21, 2016 The Ten Commandments of Thanksgiving Weekend
- Nov 25, 2016 Who's Our Favorite Bill?
- Nov 28, 2016 Here's Why I Have an Expensive Purse (and How You Can Get One, Too)
- Nov 30, 2016 What I Learned This Fall
- Dec 2, 2016 Who's Our Favorite Andrew?
- Dec 5, 2016 The Target Girl That Blew My Mind
- Dec 7, 2016 My Top Ten Favorite Reads From 2016
- Dec 9, 2016 Who's Our Favorite David?
- Dec 12, 2016 Favorite Shows and Movies I Watched in 2016
- Dec 16, 2016 If You're Wondering How to Help, This Is the Answer
- Dec 19, 2016 My Word of the Year for 2017
- Jan 1, 2017 7 Bonus Bullet Journal Lessons
- Jan 4, 2017 Permission to Lose Your Mind
- Jan 6, 2017 Who's Our Favorite Chris?
- Jan 9, 2017 How I Handle Screwing Up My Goals
- Jan 13, 2017 Who's Our Favorite Josh?
- Jan 17, 2017 Nothing Is Everything
- Jan 18, 2017 Stupid Easy Chocolate-Dipped Pretzels
- Jan 20, 2017 Who's Our Favorite Ed?
- Jan 23, 2017 Monday Morning's Magic Question
- Jan 27, 2017 Who's Our Favorite Patrick?
- Jan 30, 2017 10 Ways to Beast Your Monday
- Feb 2, 2017 What's Saving My Life Right Now
- Feb 3, 2017 Who's Our Favorite Jim?
- Feb 6, 2017 How to Use Trello to Track Your Reading
- Feb 8, 2017 For When Systems Can't Save You
- Feb 10, 2017 Who's Our Favorite Ben?
- Feb 13, 2017 Change-Your-Life Chicken
- Feb 15, 2017 When the Lazy Genius Becomes an Achieving Fool
- Feb 17, 2017 Who's Our Favorite Adam?
- Feb 20, 2017 Why I Don't Care My Van Is a Mobile Thrift Store
- Feb 22, 2017 Easy Oven Ribs That Anyone Can Cook
- Feb 24, 2017 Who's Our Favorite Guy With a Singular Name?
- Feb 28, 2017 What I Learned This Winter
- Mar 1, 2017 Introducing the Bracket of Guys!
- Mar 3, 2017 Bracket of Guys, Round 1.1
- Mar 6, 2017 The Necklace That Made Me Cry
- Mar 10, 2017 Bracket of Guys, Round 1.2
- Mar 13, 2017 How to Start a Conversation Without Throwing Up
- Mar 17, 2017 Bracket of Guys, Round 1.3
- Mar 20, 2017 Confessions of a Guilty Mom: PTA Edition
- Mar 24, 2017 Bracket of Guys, Round 1.4
- Mar 27, 2017 How to Have a Sit-Down Breakfast with On-the-Go Ease
- Mar 30, 2017 Bracket of Guys: Round One Winners!
- Mar 31, 2017 Bracket of Guys: Round 2.1
- Apr 3, 2017 When It Doesn't Matter That Your Walls Are Ugly
- Apr 7, 2017 Bracket of Guys: Round 2.2
- Apr 10, 2017 Who's Your Cleaning Spirit Animal?
- Apr 13, 2017 Bracket of Guys: Round Two Winners!
- Apr 14, 2017 Bracket of Guys: Round Three
- Apr 17, 2017 The Baby Stuff I'd Rescue In a Fire
- Apr 20, 2017 Bracket of Guys: Round Three Winners!
- Apr 21, 2017 Bracket of Guys: Final Eight!
- Apr 24, 2017 The One Thing I Always Do When I Look In the Mirror
- Apr 27, 2017 Bracket of Guys: Final Eight Winners!
- Apr 28, 2017 Bracket of Guys: FINAL FOUR
- May 1, 2017 Choose Your Own Adventure Tomato Sauce
- May 5, 2017 Bracket of Guys: THE FINAL VOTE
- May 8, 2017 When the Laundry Eats You Alive
- May 12, 2017 Bracket of Guys: THE WINNER
- May 15, 2017 In Defense of Skipping Date Night
- May 22, 2017 11 Summer Books You Don't Have to Wait For
- May 29, 2017 How to Survive Dinnertime Panic
- June 2017