#27: The Lazy Genius Movie Night
It's summer, and the season demands a movie night. This episode will help you think about hosting one the most lazy genius way possible while still giving yourself permission to geek out a little if that's your thing.
1. Listen to the episode!
2. Get ideas from Pinterest!
3. Here are a few things mentioned in the episode.
- Your Guide to Summer Movie Nights - my favorite list of movies on Netflix right now
- A geeky post on how to choose a projector and set up an outdoor movie screen
- How to set up an art cart
- The projector we'll probably get once I'm not scared of the technology (even at 1800 lumens, it apparently has great brightness.
- Oh, and here are some Wizard of Oz party photos: cake, the Tin Man and a Wash and Brush Up girl (yes, that's Emily), and me as the mayor of Munchkin City... asleep
- obviously a giant bowl of Reese's Pieces, pizza (you can drop it on the ground beforehand to be accurate to the movie, and sugar cookies iced with white frosting to look like the moon
- literally everything is pink
- Virginia ham, Idaho potatoes, Wisconsin cheese, Washington apples, and baked Alaska
The Princess Bride
- Princess Buttercup cupcakes with yellow frosting and sugar pearls, ham and cheese sandwiches (like the little boy ate), something dark chocolate to represent the Man in Black, cut any crudite into long pieces and call them swords, and go more adventurous with some grilled or fried calamari, i.e. some shrieking eels